Sunday, October 19, 2014

The pitfalls of simultaneous use of digital media

Social media's great. I love getting on there -- exchanging ideas, talking with friends.

Same goes for the modern day DVR -- love it. Like most of us, because I'm so busy, I'd say it must be at least half the ball games I watch I do so using the tape delay -- I'm usually anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours behind the live action.

The problem is, the two don't mix, do they? I mean, I'm sure it's happened to you. You're watching this great game (on delay) and without thinking you hop on Facebook and some asshole "friend" of yours has just posted, "Wow! Great victory for [INSERT TEAM NAME HERE]! We're going to the Super Bowl this year!"

Fuck! Now what am I going to do with my evening -- actually interact with my family?!

No comments:

Post a Comment