Friday, October 9, 2009

A good parent is a good teacher too.

My third grade daughter came home today and was telling me that there was a girl in her class whose name was Estrella. She said it was a Spanish name meaning "beautiful".

Well, I wasn't so sure about that so I looked it up on the internet and it turns out it actually has a French origin, and it means "star".

She then went on to say that there was a boy named Jesus in her class too -- and she was pretty sure his name was in fact a Spanish word for something or another.

Of course I didn't have to look that one up. I told her it's a Hebrew word and it's an interjection meaning: gosh, jeepers, or holy cow!

Predictably she then hits me with, "What's an interjection?" and I had to tell her to leave me alone and to go pull out that School House Rock DVD we'd gotten for them.

Parenting is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment