Friday, October 16, 2009

My previous post explained.

(Art snobbery, demonstrated.)

My previous post (yes, that is Marc Chagall's Le Pont de Passy et la Tour Eiffel, 1911) was just a little demonstration, the intention of which was to expose the snobbery of the art world. I think it worked somewhat too. In other words, nobody said they thought is was any good because, I guess, they thought it was done by an arrogant, drunk amateur.

I got the idea from a Partridge Family episode in which Danny, in his creative writing class, turns in an obscure short story by Ernest Hemingway claiming that he (Danny) wrote it. He wants to prove that his student teacher (Laurie, his sister) has it out for him. It works. Laurie tells him (and the entire class) that the Danny/Hemingway short story was the worst she'd ever read.

My next target is wine snobbery, but I haven't figured out how to pull it off on a blog yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment