Saturday, August 25, 2012

Q: Lack of integrity -- or just flexibility in my belief systems?

A:  The former. I have no spine, no principle, no character. Just look at a couple of Facebook posts I made today:

Post 1:

The amount of support the Lance Armstrong is getting from everywhere amazes and saddens me. What are we teaching our children? It's OK to cheat as long as you don't get caught? It's OK to steal, as long as it's a zero-sum game and most of the losses go to foreigners (French in this case). It's OK to lie as long as you make up for it via good deeds in other areas of your life?

Post 2 ( a couple hours later after receiving no "Likes" to the post above):

OK, I've reconsidered. You win, you amoral, bottom-line obsessed world you. The ends really do justify the means. And as Robbie (Adam Sandler) said the The Wedding Singer: "We're living in a material world and I am a material girl... or boy." :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment