Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What if we are Plinko chips and Bob Barker is God?

What if we are Plinko chips and Bob Barker is God? (Well, I mean highly sophisticated and evolved Plinko chips, but Plinko chips nevertheless.)

As Plinko chips, we have a mission -- to reach the $10,000 slot at the bottom. To personalize the metaphor to you specifically, just substitute the words "$10,000 slot at the bottom" for your financial, spiritual, familial, health-related (etc.) goal.

As you "choose your path" down the board you keep getting closer and closer. Hey, almost there! You come to the last peg, you are deflected, and you land in the -0- slot at the bottom.

You are saddened now but you say, "I am a Plinko chip after all. That last peg hit me slightly to the left of my center, that means I go right."

Then Bob Barker says, "Oh, I see, someone brought their excuse making machine with them today. Those are best used on Press Your Luck -- down the hall. I think B.F. Skinner is sitting in for Peter Tomarken as guest host today."

And deep down of course you know he's right. You are a useless Plinko chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment