Wednesday, May 27, 2009

de-"Frost"-ing the Etch-a-Sketch

Do you remember when you were a kid and you took your Etch-a-Sketch and scraped away all the grey powdery stuff, thus exposing the mechanical arms and scraper thing? I'm sure you were thinking at that moment that someday years from "hence" you'd talk about that particular feat ("with a sigh") and say something like: "Even back then I always had a need to find out how things worked. I had an innate desire to get to the bottom of things."

"And that," I guess you'd like us to believe, "has made all the difference." (Or some such nonsense.)

Truth time my friend. Here's what really happened. Gilligan's Island was over. You'd already had your after school snack and you were bored out of your mind, sitting around waiting for dinner. You pick up the Etch-a-Sketch and it just happened -- just like it did to all the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment