Sunday, May 10, 2009

Remote lack of control

OK, I've had it. I just can't take it anymore. Are you going to be with me on this? I'm going to try to put together a class action law suit against the manufactures of the DVR remote.

It happens all the time. I'm sitting there trying to watch the game, or a classic episode of Designing Women, or whatever, and a disturbance happens on the other side of the house. I push pause on the remote, go to investigate, and take care of the problem. It takes several minutes. I come back to resume viewing. Push play. Everything's fine.

Then up comes a kid and grabs the remote, or even just bumps the remote, or causes me to simply fumble the remote. That's it. A button's been inadvertently depressed and the channel's been changed. Recorded content is gone forever. My blood pressure spikes.

And you've just got to know those greedy remote execs are colluding with the networks and advertisers to allow this to happen. When the TV's back on real time ain't no one going to be fast forwarding through their ads!

Email me bro. This is going to take a major grassroots effort.

2 comments:

  1. Good Grief! Have you also noticed that periodically it will just jump from paused to live and POOF it's all gone? Evil little men sitting in a back room rub their hands with glee over our consternation.

    Beth J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dan - just last night I dedicated four hours of viewing time to the remake of the andromida strain. 3.5 hours in and as you day, "poof!",it was gone for good. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete